Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Very First Passport!

July 24, 2007

I don’t have a passport. Never needed one. Travel down Capital Blvd doesn’t require a passport yet and that is pretty much the extent of my travels these days. My dear friend in the Immigration department of my law firm assures that we should jump on it right away as the new requirements for travel to Mexico and Canada have caused a back log. She should know. Currently, the wait is 10-12 weeks. Even though we know we will not need these, it makes me feel productive to go ahead and put my money where my mouth is regarding moving forward with bringing MyMy home. I, being the good neurotic that I am, jump on this right away. Daddy is two days behind Mommy in applying for his passport. I do believe this is a sign of things to come.

And, but, ahmm .. . . . . excuse me? Is it a requirement that your passport piccies make you look like a half-warmed turd? Actually, it is. Straight on pose directly into the camera, head tilted slightly down and ABSOLUTELY NO SMILING ALLOWED. Mission accomplished. I hope they don’t show my passport pic to my child. It would traumatize them. ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Actual passport App: $60.00
USPS Fee for processing: $30.00
Half-warmed turd piccie that proves that someone takes worse pictures than the DMV: Priceless.

I hope MyMy appreciates the sacrifices I am already making for her. My modeling career is down the tubes already.

No comments: