Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, August 12, 2007

"I've never seen these people before in my LIFE!"

August 4, 2007

I have asked a few people to provide reference letters for us that would cover the different life areas that are required. I am also asking more than 4 people as recommended by the agency since it is like pulling teeth to get these from what they said.

So far, I have asked 2 family members, a former boss, a current co-worker, and my very best friend in the whole world. I hope they will have theirs completed by August 15 but I’ll be asking others between now and then to be on the safe side. Everyone seems more than eager to be a part of this for us and that makes me feel great. I am honoured that they are willing to help us in this way as this is a vital part of us being approved to adopt our child. The wonderful thing about this group that I have initially chosen is that of the family members, one of them will be a huge part of our child’s life, the other, I hope to become a bigger part of our lives as a result. The older we get, the more critical family has become to us. My professional reference is also a dear friend who has adopted a child. My friend reference is adopted herself. And my poor co-worker has listened to daily updates on our conception process and now our adoption process. These folk are more than qualified to assess our parenting skills and I hope that comes across to the social worker.

Next task!

8 comments:

Tweel said...

This is fantastic to read Sharon! I love the way you're writing to YOUR baby! You're doing a wonderful job! *hugs*

Sharon said...

AWWWWW . . . Tanks Tweelio! I'm so glad you are still in my corner! (((HUGS)) MyMy and I must come to Wales and visit!!!

alicia said...

Glad to see this Sharon and be able to follow along and be part of your journey into motherhood!!! You will be a GREAT mama and I can't wait! I'm sure we'll be seeing you and MyMy at Hershey! ;)

Fred said...

WOW! You have been busy!

I am just so excited for you. It really was lovely reading all of that. I have no doubt it will become a treasured read by your child(ren).

Looking foward to hearing about all your future steps on this most special journey.

Susan said...

Fabulous! I can't wait for more updates! Best wishes to all of you on this journey!

Char said...

Can I just say that I love how you write! MyMy is going to love this story! Your story brought tears, a bit of laughter and joy to my heart today!

You and dh, despite him being one step behind in areas, lol...are doing fantastic with this, it all seems so complicated and so hard to keep track of. No wonder you haven't had time to document it all...you've been busy enough trying to actually get it done! Talk about having to be organized! Just remember that everything you get done only brings you one step closer to bringing MyMy home.

I’m here, if there’s anything I can do for you. I can’t wait until you and dh bring MyMy home. I also can’t wait to meet this little person that is going to make my friend the happiest mommy in the world.

p.s. like calling shotgun when riding in a car with friends, I call hosting the Toko shower for MyMy!! much love to you!

Shanon said...

I love reading your blog! You will be a great Mommy to MyMy! I am so excited for you!

Tweel said...

The Toko shower for MyMy! Now what a wonderful party that will be :-)

I've just finished reading all about Ella. Isn't she the most beautiful little girl?! I never want to take many children home but I honestly think I could make an exception for her!! She is GORGEOUS!