Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, August 19, 2007

My FAVORITE letter I got Saturday from Auntie Amy!

The wonderful women on my website are some of my greatest friends. They have supported my in ways far beyond the call of duty and have stuck by me in my darkest hours. MyMy coming into our lives has a lot to do with their continued belief that we have what it takes to make our dream of being a mom and dad come true.

I have wanted to meet all of them face to face, but it just hasn't been practical because of distances and busy schedules. It is for that reason that I would never have asked them to be a reference for us. Even though I have always represented myself as "what you see is what you get", it is hard to be completely assured of that in cyberspace. Well, Auntie Amy volunteered to write a letter anyway. I was touched beyond words. Then she sent me a copy of what she is sending to the social worker. Daddy and I were both moved to tears.

Getting Amy's support in that way was the thing that helped get me back in the game after the financial bumps we hit this week. Now, we have been certified as positively groovy by a psychologist and a genuine Rocket Scientist!!!!!! Perhaps MyMy will follow her Auntie Amy's lead at Nasa!

Thanks Auntie Amy!

2 comments:

Char said...

I bet you $10 you cried. ;) I can not wait to meet Amy and you one day. She is one of the most thoughtful people I "know". Thanks for being such a great friend Amy! :)

Fred said...

What a lovely, lovely thing to do. She really is one in a million, or less!