Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The first BIG day . . .

Our home study documents reached their destination fully intact. Sarah, who normally assigns contract social workers to do home studies in addition to herself said "Everything was very organized and very easy to follow. I'm going to go ahead and assign myself to your family." Hopefully she thought that we would be easy to work with since all my documents were organized and timely.

Our official first visit will be Tuesday, September 4, 2007. She said she will be going over our entire lives discussing childhoods, our plans as parents, support systems, etc. I am expecting to feel like I should have a lightbulb shining in my face in a little dark room. I know these things are rigorous for a reason, and even though I know we have a home and marriage that are stable, I still worry that we aren't good enough. I also know that doesn't come from reality . . . . it is my natural reaction to things seldom being as easy as they should be. Perhaps little MyMy is going to be our turning point in that area.

Sarah will be returning about a week later for follow up issues and to go over our home to ensure it is safe for a child and our child would have their own space. Consider it done!

More to follow . . .

8 comments:

Fred said...

Good, Good, GOOD!!!

You are off the scale good enough!!!

I know it is going to be daunting - I will be thinking of you xxx

Char said...

WOOHOO!! I'm so excited about this! I can't wait to hear all about it and I wouldn't worry too much about it either if I was you. You and Jay have a beautiful home and of course are very interested in making it safe for MyMy so getting her suggestions is a bonus!
"it is my natural reaction to things seldom being as easy as they should be." Well, it's no wonder girl. I even have this reaction at times, and when your talking about something as important as adoption, of course there's always the worry that something will go wrong. Hang in there. You are doing awesome throughout this, your so organzied and have everything dotted and crossed.
Be yourself, be hopeful and optimistic because you and Jay are going to make wonderful parents. I bet your love for MyMy will be shining through and won't go unnoticed.
Anyone who knows you can see how much love you have to give. And everyone who meets you along the way will think your child will be blessed to have you and Jay as parents.
Hang in there and Goodluck! :o)

Anonymous said...

Yes!!! So glad everything is coming together for you!!!

-Amy

alicia said...

We are so happy for you Sharon! I know I keep reiterating that .. but we are! Knowing you, things are PERFECT for that homestudy that's coming. Thank you for letting us take part in this journey with you for MyMy!!!

Tweel said...

You have been busy! Just caught up after time away.

Things are moving in the right direction for you and Jay.

Can't wait to read more updates.

Thinking of you both.

Tracy xxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharon

Your blog was a joy to read however, someone seems to have forgotten how excited NaNa and PaPa are about MyMy. She is already holding a large spot in my heart and I already love her totally. I already imagine her with dark hair, dark eyes, and a loving disposition like mine. I will be at that airport when MyMy makes her first appearence in her new hometown. Please let her know on the way home how very much she is loved and wanted by all.

Love you, my daughter
linda

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear the "glowing" report you will recieve after your home study! I just love reading about your Journey to bring MyMy home.

Girl, you and Jay will be the BEST parents!

(((HUGS)))Brenda~

Anonymous said...

Catching up on everything! I'm so excited for you! The home study will go great! I can't wait until little MyMy comes home!

Marci