Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, October 15, 2007

This kinda thing is why I LOVE my placing agency so much!

DAMN internet! It is my blessing and my curse! I found several little blurbs last night discussing how 4 poor families were kept apart after traveling to VN because of NOIDS (Notice of Intent to Deny) from the US government which will not allow them to bring their children home. I am told there are several reasons for this . . . . the most insidious being suspicion of unethical adoption practices by an agency/facilitator and other less unsavory things. Reading the info, my heart just sunk for those families and the requisite terror of a PAP set in. I get verklempt now just thinking about it. So . . . I had to do it. Neurotica was up at 1:30am firing off an email to the placing agency, who, btw, has NEVER ONCE given me a reason to doubt them.

My email to 3 people:

I'm not panicking . . . . Just inquiring. I panicked last night.


*exhale*

Not sure if you all have gotten wind of 4 families that were issued NOIDS this week in VN. The news has made its way into cyberspace. I'd rather not know anything about them myself, but just for sanity's sake . . . . Have you all ever had a NOID issued for VN families? Just tell me "No" and I can go back to being blissfully ignorant.

This was my VN Coordinator's response. I really dig that they endorse "flags" being thrown on a play in situations that warrant a child/VN family being protected.


Hi Sharon,

Please do not panic! NOIDS are the kind of things that sound horribly scary, but are in fact relatively rare and, in a sense, a good thing (as it means the right precautions are being taken). But, no, (placing agency) has never had a family be issued a NOID!

Thanks,

Mary Beth

*WHEW*

3 comments:

alicia said...

Always better to know!!! Glad you got it cleared up!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is what I want to hear! Could not be better news!

Char said...

Glad you got reassuring news! :)