Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, October 22, 2007

Not a happy post . . . .

I was traumatized this weekend. We had our fingerprinting appointment with the FBI.

I will write more later, but if anyone reading this blog is just starting out on the adoption process, do yourself a favor . . . . . .

Don't believe all the horror stories you read about. And that means with ANY portion of the adoption process. Suffice it to say that I got so upset at a series of events on Saturday, that I am still in tears about what happened and how I reacted today. The part that is most horrible??? The horror stories I've read didn't come to fruition, but my fears surrounding them are what caused me the most heartache.

I want to go into more detail about what happened when I can do it without clenching my teeth and without the alligator tears in my eyes.

End result . . . . everything is ok now . . . . . no thanks to all the "panic buttons" that got pushed.

9 comments:

Jryanbass said...

I am sorry you got upset Sharon! but I am glad things are okay now

Susan said...

I'm so sorry you were unnecessarily put through the wringer. You don't need any more stress.

Can't wait to hear the details. Hope you feel better soon and can share it with the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

So sorry that you had that traumatic experience. Glad to hear everything is still okay.

Jen said...

whoa. not sure what happened but I hope that you are feeling better. the whole process can feel like a nightmare at times.

Char said...

Sorry to hear it was not a good day and that you had to endure such an experience. Hopefully everything is ok now and will continue to be.

Share when your ready, I'll be looking for an update on this. And remember, that even with everything else I got going on right now I still have time for you. So, give me a shout ok? ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I had a feeling something was going on. Glad you got it worked out but sorry you had to be upset. Share when you are ready. Marci

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about the panic problems, do ya need to talk? I am here for ya!

Unknown said...

Wow... I hope you are feeling better. Nobody should have to cry this hard. This should be a beautiful journey. Tomorrow will be better.

Fred said...

So pleased to read the 'things are ok now' at the end of your post. My heart took a lurch over the title of your post. I hope you feel able to share your scare with us soon. xx