Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"Lights, Camera, Action . . . . and cue tears"

I knew this was coming. And I knew what it was going to say. I lived this story so I knew. So why in the world did I get all verklempt reading my home study draft? This isn't even like getting a referral necessarily, but the tears flew anyway. I swear if I didn't know better (and I DO know better!), you'd think I was pregnant! I guess I get to "enjoy" the symptoms even though Miss MyMy isn't passing through my uterus huh? Good argument for being born in the heart being at least as profound as being born of me physically. This just kinda feels like a little milestone . . . you know . . . one of those milestones that isn't the "biggest" deal, and isn't a surprise, but a milestone nonetheless.

Sarah, who most of you reading my blog know is my social worker, took great care and consideration as she described our lives before, during and after our marriage. I didn't realize how much I talked about my niece and nephews, but those mentions were all over my HS. And you know what else? My crazy little family does make for good reading. Out of all the paragraphs contained in this document, this was the part that sent me over the edge. I bypassed the tissues and went straight for the shirt to wipe the tears from my face . . . . just like little Brooks would do!

*final entry on HS*

Approval
Exercising its authority as a child-placing agency licensed by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, *************** Adoption Services is pleased to approve Sharon L******* M********** B********** and John “Jay” T******** B******** for the adoption of up to two children, age birth to three years old from Vietnam.
*********** Adoption Services agrees to provide post-placement supervision, including any related follow-up to the child-placing agency, orphanage or other source, and assistance as considered necessary for the entire family unit and the adopted child in particular.
This Preplacement Assessment is respectfully submitted by **********’s Staff Social Worker, Sarah ***********, BSW and is valid for eighteen months from the approval date in accordance with North Carolina laws.

4 comments:

Leslie & Shaune said...

congratulations on this milestone. :)

Susan said...

Oh wow! That's got me all teary-eyed!

I'm not well educated in the adoption process, but in my heart that seems like a big milestone to me.

I am so happy for you Sharon! My heart is singing!

Anonymous said...

I cried when I read ours too. It made everything seem real!

Jryanbass said...

YIPPEE!! I am so excited for you guys! it must be awesome to see that in writing.