Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Credit card app, catalogue, refinancing opportunity . . . . . USCIS LETTER!!!??????

Holy shyte!!!!!!!

Secretly . . . .or not so secretly . . . depending on who is reading this blog, I have been seething about it taking so long to get a fingerprint appointment with USCIS. Well . . . . today it came! We travel to Charlotte on October 20, a Saturday no less! I guess they do that since they won't let us go to an FBI satellite office 25 minutes from our house! But anyway . . . . WE GOT THE APPOINTMENT!!!!!

Now, I be so confrused! I thought I was supposed to get an official LID letter from them by which I could go online and see "what up". I got a cash register receipt saying they got my money. But no where on the appointment do I see that code everyone has been talking about that I am supposed to use.

I think this is kind of a big deal or something. . . . . The letter says that because they are so behind in processing in NC, that I shouldn't expect a 171H before late November to late January. Further, they told me not to contact them about a 171H until after February 10, 2008. Hmmmm . . . . they must have me confused with someone that follows directions.

More to follow. I'm a little emotional right now and Adoption Stories: Guatemala is on. BooHooo . . . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Hopefully they are faster than that!

alicia said...

Keep calling.. they'll get you in earlier! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the fingerprint appt...surely the I-171H won't take that long. I just found your blog and your emails to your agency crack me up! Our social worker at the agency didn't appear to be open to humor (although maybe he just didn't think I was funny...that can't be right). Our program director appears to have a sense of humor - but i'm sure months of questions from me will drive that right out of him.

Fred said...

WOW - what a lot of update since I was last on!!
Loved reading it all!!

Jen said...

I was absolutely ruthless in my quest for that 171-H. I drove my mean little immigration officer into hiding with my phone calls and personal visits. I called our congressman and complained LOUDLY.

I did find that the more you squeak the faster you progress! It took us 5 months to get that @#%#$ piece of paper...but the average here in El Paso was like 9mos. Not fast enough...but not as bad as it could have been I guess.