Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Ahhh . . . . I feel a little better now!

This International adoptive parenting blogworld thingy is a trip! I have noticed that many people are reluctant (and I do get why) to discuss their agency in open blog forum. Having read so much discussion about the ethics of the agency, I was a tiny bit worried that ours wasn't ethical enough if we were putzing right along at what in the adoption world is warp speed (only 4 more months 'til I can officially complain about the USCIS being slow!) I felt as though we did the research and took word of mouth recommendations very seriously. I really began to question things as we continue smoothly along so far in this process. I know some people have had some challenges to overcome with their agencies so I have been waiting for those, but my agency seems to be moving along in a moderate and steady pace with me. I know that some people throw flags on the play if an agency seems to be efficient and steady and it brings their ethics into question (no where else on the planet is this the case, mind you!) I'm really worried! Something has to go terribly wrong, right? I am the poster girl for Murphy's Law! So far, the only thorn in my paw has been everyone's favorite . . . USCIS! They are enough to make the Pope cuss. But my agency . . . . so far, I'm still lovin' them. Remind me I said this when I hit my big bumps in the road!

So . . . . imagine how comforted I was to pop on one of the more popular blogs of someone who has been home from VN for a year now and find that my agency was on her SHORT list of agencies she considers ethical. I knew I could trust my gut, but I so appreciate the validation!

Ahhhhhhhh . . . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree finding any information on an agency is almost impossible on a blog. I have tried a few times and came up empty handed.

Char said...

Glad to hear you got a little more reassurance. Our instincts are usually right and yours, well, yours are more than the norm I say as they seem to be right ALOT! So, this was no surprise to me. ;)

I'm so happy to see things going so well! Hugs to you and Jay. Hope he's feeling better these days.