Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Watercooler Progress! I LOVE my law firm!

So . . . . . while dishing at a coworker's area about all kinds of fun gossip, up walks a very sweet paralegal to join in the reindeer games. Guess what? Both of the ladies I am talking to are best buds with the assistant to a Congressman here in NC. Guess what the assistant's focus is? IMMIGRATION!!!! So, after much gushing about my little tot that doesn't even exist yet, she said she would "inquire" about why it takes so long and see if any nudging might help. Now . . . . I feel confident that even if the Congressman did make some phone calls, it won't help me much, but if it somehow helps those coming behind me, then groovy!

Here is the email that my friend sent. I thought it was precious!

Someone in our office is in the process of adopting a baby girl from Viet Nam. She sent the I600A to the USCIS office on 25 July and is waiting for the 171H approval.

NC is the slowest state in the nation in completing approvals. (Charlotte, NC) The current wait is about 5 mos.

Can your office do anything to rush this process?

NOTE: She needs to get her child b/f the summer is over b/c she has already bought summer outfits for her. :-) Let me know. THANKS!

7 comments:

Char said...

Oh wow! What a sweetheart! That would be awesome if those words helped you and/or other people bring their babies home sooner. I hope her email helps. :o)

Fred said...

What a sweet friend, she is clearly very excited for you!

alicia said...

What a SWEET person Sharon! I love the email she sent, very precious!

Susan said...

I don't think it's a coincidence your coworkers know that assistant. How very interesting!

And I'd love an update on HS #2! Dish woman!

Jen said...

That is awesome! I thought El Paso was terrible--we submitted at the end of April and did not get it back until July--with the help of 2 letters to our congressman and my boss who is friends with the congressman. Good luck!

Sorry to hear you were sad after your homestudy. I think it hits some really painful times! snuggle up with a funny movie or book and take it easy.

Wondergen13 said...

That is a great letter! What a genuine sweetheart!

Tasha Kent said...

Man... I need friends like that!

loved the bit about summer clothes.