Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, September 20, 2007

OK . . . . I didn't mention . . .

Two pretty big deals. I wanted to keep this blog for Precious so that she will see all the people mommy was willing to beat up to get to her, but . . . . She also might want to know what we were dealing with as we sought to slay the dragons standing between us.

Daddy (MyMy's Daddy, that is) broke his knee cap. Almost in two. We didn't know it was broken but the home study was taking place in a few days so Daddy helped mommy clean the house with a broken knee cap. After it was xrayed, it wasn't pretty but we got him to the doc as soon as they had an appointment. Surgery was scheduled almost immediately. Mommy wasn't told how serious this was by Daddy, because he knows how Mommy gets. She makes him do horrible things like FOLLOW DOCTORS ORDERS and stuff like that. Now . . . Daddy is home, 1 week post op with two gnarly looking titanium screws holding his knee cap together. He cannot drive for 2 months as he has a brace. He cannot take the brace off to shower, etc. Mommy is getting a lot of practice giving baths, preparing meals and being a chauffer. See . . .. Daddy IS helping us get ready for you in his own way!

The other thing is Linda (my stepmom) called Tuesday night. I had a gut feeling it wasn't good. And it wasn't. Long story short . . . My Daddy was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. He had been having trouble breathing and FINALLY told someone. This is not ok. I am not ok with this. And I am serious. My daddy is my hero . . . . I want him to be there when we get home with MyMy. Linda promised that she will make him follow doctors orders. He has to lose weight; he is getting meds changed; he is having a sleep study and I am convinced that he has sleep apnea which is exacerbating EVERYTHING else. I told her I wanted him on a C-Pap machine ASAP. She promised she would make him use it because I know that is what the sleep study will find. I just can't lose my Daddy right now. Daddy . . . . if you are reading this . . . . .FOLLOW DOCTORS ORDERS OR ELSE I'M COMING TO LIVE WITH YOU! And that wouldn't be pretty! Remember what a PITA I was as a child? I'm bigger and worse now!

Take care of yourselves Daddys . . . both of you . . . we love you!

5 comments:

alicia said...

Yes.. please do take care of yourselves Jay and Daddy!!! MyMy needs you both around!!!

Sharon.. sheesh.. more to add.. what an incredibly strong person you are. If you ever need an ear/shoulder, mine are always open to you sweetie! Take care of yourself and the men in your life.

Char said...

I've been thinking about Jay and hoped he was recovering ok. Definatley going to be a long road to feeling better but he'll make it!

As for your dad! I will definatley add him to my prayer list.

Sharon's Daddy, if you are reading this, you'd better behave and listen to the dr's! Sharon really needs you now and will for many years to come still.

It's also very important to her that you meet Mymy. So hang in there "tough" guy and do what your told. Your important to Sharon which makes you important to me, I'll be praying for you too. ;o)

Take good care of yourselves Daddy's and you'll both be feeling better soon!

p.s. Sharon...I love you too honey. :O) xo

Jryanbass said...

I am sorry to hear about your Dad Sharon. I agree with you, I bet the C-Pap makes a world of difference. I hope he gets some relief very soon. And good for you for making Jay obey doctors orders! Its gonna take both of you being in good shape to chase My-My around!

Anonymous said...

Sharon, keep up the good work taking care of Jay and my family and I will keep your family in our prayers!! You are such a good, strong woman you are handling things wonderfully...hugs to you girl!!!

Fred said...

OMG - I am so sorry I am just reading this now.
I hope you Daddy listens to the doctors advice - it is truly amazing what a difference in lifestyle can do.
Poor Jay - OUCH!