Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Tolerable . . . . remind me I said that.

Just because I'm a newbie to adoption doesn't mean I'm green to waiting and the need for patience and frustration and disappointment to things out of my control. Although I'm sure there are people that choose adoption without ever having dealt with infertility, I don't think they are in the majority . . . . and who cares why anyone chooses adoption anyway? I certainly couldn't give a turd. In fact, however you choose to have a family is really none of my business (read: I won't debate the ridiculousness of that topic). So, having said all that, I have been reading a lot on the 'net . . . . .something I promised my dear friend in Wiltshire that I wouldn't do. Actually, I promised I stay off the adoption forums. It took about 15 minutes of perusal for some idgit to piss me right off. I never bothered to register and post. At any rate, I am used to cyber crap of all sorts . . . but I have been shocked at some of the things I've read. No need to single anyone out. I don't know these people and do not know what their motivation is. I'm sure they have had hardships that I am clueless about and they are entitled to feel what they feel and write what they will. Now . . . having said that . . . . I know if I were to write about my lack of patience this early in the process, I will be smeared by bloggers or PAPs (I've not gotten the secret codes to all these, but perhaps someone will enlighten me soon) who wish to regale me with their tales of frustration, being jerked around, etc. Bless all of you that has happened to. I'm sure I'll get in line to experience that as well. But please, please, please . . . . allow me this one estrogen surged rant . . .. . .

WHERE IS MY DAMN DOSSIER PACKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok . . . . I feel better and I might be able to tolerate the waits. The only thing that makes this wait a little easier on the psyche is that I do get to mother a child at the end. . . . . . Mymy . . . . Mommy is pushing hard darlin (literally and figuratively) . . . .this may be one of the longest labors on record on my website!

Ok . . . have to run now and go harass the mortgage broker. And I did forget to thank the feds for the 1/2 percent interest rate reduction! SWEET! My Mutual Funds SOARED yesterday! WOOHOOO!

3 comments:

alicia said...

LOL! YAY on the rate reduction!! And yes.. WHERE IS THAT PACKET?!?! We are all waiting with you Sharon!

Anonymous said...

SO happy to read your updates - glad the home study went well and that Sarah is such a star! Your packet will show up soon, I'm sure!

(hugs) - Amy

Fred said...

LOL - yep STAY away from the forums. It is bound to attract people whose opinions make it all so obvious why they have no physical friends.
I can imagine just how frustrating the wait for the packet it. GRRRR!