Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, September 8, 2007

A HUGE leap of faith . . .

I visited with my mother today. She owns a baby resale shop. For over four years I have watched people select items from her store. I couldn't dare take that risk . . . . and I'm glad I never did. This time, however, it feels different. I'm putting my faith in this process to the test. Based on best guesstimates only, there is a slight possibility we could travel by April or May 2008. It very well could be more like July or August, possibly even later if something unusual is going on in Viet Nam. What the hell . . . . I made some selections today. Worst case scenario is that they won't be in season or she will be too big for them. All of the things below are 6-9 mos. Mother assures me that she will replace them for the size and season that is most appropriate when my MyMy gets home. So, check out the beginnings of her new wardrobe . . . . .

I LOVE these little summer dresses.




These are adorable too!
Auntie picked found these two items. I hope she is here by July 4 so she can wear the red short set!
This is sooooo soft . . . .I wish they had it in my size!

Now this is 18 mos so it will probably be too big for her in her first Fall/Winter season, but hopefully by her next Fall/Winter it will be perfect! Too cute!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the home visit went great! I knew it would! The outfits are adorable! Just wanted to let you know that i'm checking in all the time. I'm very interested in your journey for MyMy! I'm so excited for you and Jay! Marci

Fred said...

They are so beautiful!!

You are going to think me so dumb now...it has only just dawned that you are having a girl! I was thinking 'how on earth does she she know the sex already?'.

I am guessing the situation is similar to adoption in China - pretty much 99.99% little girls?

Susan said...

What precious outfits! And I can fully appreciate the leap it takes to accept those clothes. Can't wait to see pictures of MyMy in them :)

Anonymous said...

She is gonna be the most precious thing ever!!! I'm so proud for you Kitty Mama!! BIG HUGS!!

Char said...

I LOVE those outfits! She is going to be THE best dressed little girl ever, I can already imagine it. Hell, she's going to be THE luckiest little girl ever! There is no way I'd be able to hold back shopping either. ;)

Tweel said...

Congrats on your BFP! I couldn't be happier for you both. Those outfits are so adorable, I can't wait to see MyMy in them. I hope it's early next year that you bring her home.

I'm so excited at how well/fast this is all going for you. Big hugs to you and Jay.