Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, September 23, 2007

OH NO! This is me . . . being me!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew better. I did I did I did I did I did!!!!!!! And yet, I did it anyway!!!!!! Zeke . . . . . I couldn't walk away from the controversy! But I promise to try harder next time. I soooooooo didn't want my precious child's first webpage to be littered with negativity and controversy, but alas . . . .MyMy . . . . Your mama is a Mama Lion . . . . amongst other things. Those cyber friends of mine already know this. I started a tiny revolution that ended up being my own forum 4 years ago and it is still going. Perhaps I should invite some new adoptive parents there to have a refuge and not to litter their own sweet baby's blogs with doo doo. I'll think about that. At any rate . . . . Youse guys will not believe the HOT TOPIC that some are debating (read: judging/criticizing) in other PAPs (I hope I am using that right). Why do people choose to adopt girls instead of boys? EGADS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently those heartless, thoughtless, idiotic creatures such as myself have bizzare motives for wanting girls. Certainly not motives based on logic, psychology, family birth order, and anything else that warrants considerable thought and foresight. I responded to someone else's defense of themselves as they are choosing to adopt a girl as well. I didn't want to carry on too badly in her blog so I shall post my comment to her in a post of my own. And then . . . . . I'm done with this ridiculousness and people who will never know me well enough to really even give a damn why we have made the choices we have and stand by them . . . . . and we did it all by ourselves just like much of the rest of the life we have lived for 42 and 48 years without the help or approval of nitwits!

My position on why we chose to adopt a female (my comment to another PAP of a female child):

Like I just posted in my own blog, I am new to the adoption blogging world, but I am an old pro at cyber wars with words. What have I learned? I don't play with ignorant people. Life is too short. If someone has an opinion that challenges the choices my husband and I have made about ANY part of how we grow our family, then I need to know what crystal ball they use to find themselves superior enough and enlightened enough to make those judgments. Just for the record . . . we made our choice based on VERY sound logic concerning birth order, parenting dilemas, my own past (very very very personal experiences), and the possibility that this is our FIRST adoption, not our final adoption. I do not owe anyone on this planet and certainly not any thick judgmental creature in cyber space a blow by blow account of the very personal details of how we came to choose to adopt a female child (from ANY country) first. This is me . . . being a mother .. . . saying to those nitwits . . . . . BACK THE HELL UP!

p.s. Thankfully, I haven't run across this debate first hand yet, but I am glad enough to have read your position and thanks for sharing it although I do find it very sad that anyone feels compelled to justify how or why the choose to become parents to ANY child. Good luck in your journey!

I know my "Toko Chicks" aren't shocked. Actually, I'm sure they are laughing their arses off at me. You all knew I wasn't going to avoid ALL the controversy didn't you?

3 comments:

alicia said...

I can't believe that you avoided it thus far! LOL! There are some very stupid people in the world. Stinks that a WONDERFUL process has to be littered with them. I hate that you had to be bothered with the nitwits.

Char said...

And to think that I thought everyone was born with a heart and a brain! They should have followed the yellow brick road too! Idiots.

No more reading now...just enjoy this journey and ignore all the nitwits. Your much better than them.

xo

Fred said...

No, not surprsied.

Well maybe if you adopt a policy of ignoring 99% of the bullshit that cyber nutters throw out, then a reaction to the 1%....

NOPE....stay away!!