Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Yes, I have been under a rock. I think I'll go back now too.

How refreshing to logon after being "under a rock" for a couple of weeks and find some PAP's who are not willing to stand by and be nailed to a cross by some of the issues cropping up in VN concerning adoption. For those of you that do not know (family and friends of mine that were terrified this might not work out since it is an international adoption vs. domestic), VN is in turmoil right now. Rather, those of us poor PAP's who do not have our children home right now are in turmoil. There are people who ARE home (probably checking on their precious ones right now while they sleep) who are in turmoil because others aren't behaving like they proclaim they would be responding right now. Confused? Imagine how I felt after busying myself to prepare for my child's arrival and reading how VN may shut the program down at any minute because people are pushing babystealers to get them an embryo home and with the quickness barring all ethics, morality and legality. *trying to wipe the sarcasm off my lips*

I did decide to drop out of this drama after spending hours last night and well into the morning looking for Truth in all this "solid information" that we have been given. Truth, I'm afraid, appears to be elusive. Then after about my 38th toss and turn in my bed I decided that I need to make a post about what I have really taken away from all this drama and where my head is about it now. Since starting this journey, I have visited blogs that helped me keep my focus about why I was so hellbent on going to VN in the first place to bring my child home. I'm sorry to say that those places that used to bring me great comfort are now a tremendous source of disappointment, frustration and angst. I'm going to give more careful thought to what I will post, because I don't want my anger at how all this has played out to divert what I actually want to communicate. However, after I make that post and "join in the Reindeer games" I am going to bow out of it all. Rather than allow Bitchy McSnipe comments on my blog, I think I would rather offer up my phone number to those that wish to take me on so that it can be a more interactive show and we'll see how Soapboxy people are when they don't have a World Wide audience to perform for.

And just for the record, my agency has not been mentioned ONCE during all this scandal by VN officials, US officials or any other Adoptive bloggers. They have NEVER been issued a NOID and were doing humanitarian services in VN and several other countries LONG before they took the first dime to process a VN adoption. So don't mistake me for someone getting on a Soapbox to "protect" my agency. They do not need protection because they have nothing to hide. I however just wanted to have a little tiny bit of privacy about who we were using to respect the wishes of my husband who is not nearly as mouthy as I am.

I'll be back and I'm sure, despite my husband's suggestion to let this go, I'll post anyway. Then I'll figure out whether I need to cancel the order I was about to make for what is supposed to be a nursery.

12 comments:

alicia said...

Oh Sharon! I'm sorry all this is going on now in what should be the absolute happiest time in your life! I say still order that bedding! You and Jay are MEANT to be parents. I so truly believe that. MyMy will be home safely before you know it.

To many things are happening quicker than suppose to, proving that you are to be parents.

Keep the faith sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

I think that staying out the craziness right now is best. There are MANY rumors flying around and some truths, and it very hard to sort it all out. In the last week I have been through it ALL and attempted to research it all when of all things my agency announced that they had received or were about to receive two noids. I have found this morning as I sit here drugged (I am sick as a dog) many of my favorite blogs have not only moved on but are back to regularly scheduled programing, funny great posts that show me that at least in bloggy world the people important to me have moved on. Now to what I think this means for those of us in the Vietnam adoption world, another delay (the third or fourth since we started our process), few if any referrals for a while until things in the two affected providences are a bit more straightened out (one of the providences they are not accepting baby dossiers from for the time being), while from what I can tell the new I600 process is slowing down other processes, it should be back to normal sooner rather than later, and since as you mentioned it, I have seen NOTHING bad about your agency (and I will not say who it is to protect you) maybe that means your agency will be back to normal sooner than mine, who I am not expecting to see any referrals from for some time (probably until the noid situation is figured out)...please you are one of my favorite bloggers, so don't drop out just know that we all have good days and bad days and it is ok to get frustrated sometimes. I am going to try to e-mail you today (that is if I don't fall asleep again soon). I hope all of this made sense as once again I am still VERY drugged up.

XOXOXOX
Carissa

Susan said...

I would love to better understand what's going on, so please give me a call. Fingers are crossed that all of this is just rumor and nothing substantial.

Char said...

I'm not sure I fully understand what's going on either. But I pray that all being said is just rumours. Remember how stressed the rumours about the USCIS got you? And how stressed you were when you were running late and thought because of that you were going to be denied your I600A?

PLEASE try not to worry. Do not let this get you all worked up again. Especially since there's no hard evidence. You've got nothing to worry about.

This whole process has gone very well for you and is meant to be. And when things are meant to be, nothing stands in the way of that. NOTHING!

xo

p.s. I like the new background color you got going on here. ;o)

Fred said...

Stay strong! You ARE going to be parents and a baby is coming your way.
I so sorry that this path is becoming bumpy. Stay strong! xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi!! Yes, it is 'that' Kerryanne :) Thanks for the comment. I will add you, too. How great! Wonderful post. Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to read this, Sharon. I don't really understand what the full story is, but I really hope that most of what you are hearing is unsubstantiated and that you can continue along your journey unhindered.

Love you and thinking of you as always.

Tweel said...

OMG! I can't believe what I've just read :(

Keep us updated hunny! I don't know what else to say right now.

Just to give you a big hug would be nice.

Keep strong!

Anonymous said...

Stupid bumpy roads.ugh. Please keep the faith Sharon. Your dream WILL come true!

-Zylah.

Unknown said...

Wow! The roller coaster ride never ends. Please keep us posted on further developements. I wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope this latest turmoil passes quickly (and uneventfully). Definietly keep the faith - we all are keeping it for you! -Newbs

Karen Wall said...

I am sure it is so hard to have all of this happen so early in the process for you. We have been almost 2 years into our process and I have seen this kind of thing happen one other time. The good news is that in the end everyone came back together and chaos no longer reigned! Keep your chin up and keep your posts coming!