Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, November 16, 2007

State of the Union Address . . . .

MyMy, yo Mama is a hot mess.

In my infertility support group meeting last night I walked in upset at the state of VN adoptions and in the 2+ hour course of the meeting I got ok, then freaked out again, then ok again, then back, then I left ok. This, of course, is even now that I am officially out my estrogen surge part of the month people!!!!!!



I couldn't get a solid read from the group on whether I should return my baby bedding or if that was possibly in my Top Ten Stoopid Financial Moves. Perhaps it is in my Top Five Stoopid Emotional Moves. Perhaps I shall be laughing out loud while I read all this to MyMy in a bed time story. DANG! I'm going nutz again. I just can't help it. I also had to come to terms with the fact that if . . . 'scuse me . . . . WHEN I bring my child home, someone is going to comment on how cute my GRANDAUGHTER is. OK OK OK . . . . One problem at a time.



I've decided I'm ok again. . . . . for the moment. I perhaps will hold off on the crib until I get a referral. Unless I lose it again and say "Damn, the torpedoes". That happens a lot these days. I shall blame it on hormones regardless. Chicks my age are entitled to do that, ya know.



Alas, however, I am not the most lost cause on the planet. Someone sent me wedding pics this morning. I think this chick and/or possibly her groom is far more lost and confused than I am at the moment.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buy the bedding, don't worry about it...you will be fine! We will be oohing and aahhing over your referral pictures before you know it! Yes, the state of affairs is not ideal at the moment, but even when women have children the state of affairs is not always ideal (single, bedrest, etc...)! I am sure that this too shall pass (saying that for both of us not just you) and we will both have beautiful happy babies! Hey I met with a photographer for other reason and considered booking a date at this time next year for family holiday pictures, so purchasing bedding at this seems like a nutural thing!

Jen said...

Keep the bedding. Don't let the haters destroy your hopes and your joy.

My goodness that wedding photo is a horror show! Is that a gap tooth bride in sequins?? Yikes!

Nancy said...

Keep the bedding...and make me an appointment with an eye doctor. I'm afraid the sequined bride has scarred my retinas.

Anonymous said...

Agreed...keep it!! MyMy will love the neurosis and absolutely appreciate it when she's older!!

LOVE YOU !!

Anonymous said...

Can I tell you not to worry without you slapping me?! :)

Keep the bedding, Sharon, you are going to need it anyway... !

Oohhh, loving those sequins... NOT!

alicia said...

Oh Sharon! MyMy will be home!! You and Jay have waited so long to have this little girl in your arms, she WILL be there!